Number of participants
approx. 10 min.
Musical abilities of the trainers
2 3 4 5 6
Equipment and instruments
- optional: any type of instrument
- open minded
- team cohesion
Follow the Sound
A playful game for following sound effects in spatial orientation.
The purpose of the game is to play in a fun atmosphere, to strengthen team cohesion, and to develop creativity through the use of sounds.
- The participants should find a pair for themselves from the group.
2. Place the pairs facing each other along a straight line.
3. Have the pairs agree on a unique sound effect, this will help with spatial orientation. It is important that there is no matching sound within the group.
4. Step back to the end of the room, so that one of the couple is on one side of the room and the other is on the other.
5. The task is for one member of the pair to approach the other with closed eyes, but not yet touch her/him. The winner is the one who can get closest to their partner in a given time period. (The duration depends on the size of the space, so it’s worth having a test game first to know the ideal duration.) The sound effect helps in orientation, the goal is to approach their partner in a straight line.
6. After that, let’s change the pairs, and you can even choose a new sound effect.
Play the sound effect only three times instead of continuously. It can be made even more difficult by placing the pairs randomly, not along a straight line, but this requires a space of sufficient size to avoid collisions.